Monday, April 30, 2012

Finn's in School!

 Finn started going to pre-school in January of this year. Isn't he the cutest little student ever?
We were lucky enough to get him into a program that busses him to and from school, 5 days a week from 12:30-3:30 -- it is awesome! Since Kate and Rex nap at the same time in the afternoon, I usually get at least one hour to myself which has done wonders for my emotional well-being.
He has always been good with letters, but his love for reading and writing has grown even more and he has acquired a lot of new skills! Every day he comes home with some new little craft in his backpack. It makes me happy.
 His cousin Gemma is in his class which has made the whole experience more fun.  These two really are inseparable.  These are some shots I took of them on backwards day and crazy hair day.
Kate loves to walk with us to the bus and is always a little sad to see her brother go, but is consoled by the fact that Finn gets home by the time she wakes up from her nap.  I can't believe he only has a month left! In the fall, he'll be starting kindergarten. It's funny how I am so excited for him, and so sad at the same time. I don't think I have ever felt those two emotions at the same time before.  I can't wait to help him on this journey, yet I don't want him to leave. I guess I'll just add that to the list of feelings that come with motherhood, and do the best I can to nurture him where he is, and always encourage him onward. So proud of this little man!

4 comments:

Nataly Harris said...

I haven't been to your blog in forever! Those cute kids keep getting bigger :)
Seriously, that Finn is a cute kid and I can't believe he's almost in Kindergarten!

Mama H said...

I loved backwards day, and crazy hair day pictures. Never had those when I was in school! Glad the kids have so much fun riding the bus together and being in school. Get used to the sad/happy feelings. They only intensify as you and your kids get older. sigh.

Butchike Bunch said...

Love all the pictures. He is so handsome and happy heading off to school. I love seeing that twinkle in his eyes that makes him look so much like you!

Katy Burch said...

Your kids are so adorable. (So are you of course) I wish we lived closer because Jacob and Finn would be best buddies. Miss you!