We ended up staying for about a half hour. He semi-liked watching me go down by myself, and didn't mind going down with me, but he was definitely not enjoying himself. He let us pull him on the sled back to the car...but did not get happy again until he was out of all his snow gear in the warm house. We're going to try again when it's sunny and clear out...hopefully he'll man up to the challenge.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
On Friday evening, we used our brand new babysitting list (aka our singles ward directory) and had two wonderful girls from our ward watch Finn. We grabbed a bite to eat and saw "Ghost Town" in the dollar theater followed by some holiday shopping (where Aaron got three things for the price of one!). We loved the movie...it was so hilarious! I think Ricky Gervais (plays Michael in the British "Office") is so funny.
What a cute scout!
We came home and shared the yummy "Chocolate Blackout Cake" I made Aaron and visited with friends till late into the night. Aaron usually requests the chocolate cake from Costco on his birthday...but this year he let me make one from scratch and it turned out really yummy! We had such a great day.
Our fancy date in L.A. a couple months before he proposed
I know this post is already long, and we didn't get any pictures of the actual birthday :( but I want to end it with 29 things that I love about Aaron, in honor of his 29th birthday:
1. He makes me laugh
2. He laughs at my stupid jokes
3. He is the best dad ever and is usually more concerned about Finn's safety than I am
4. He is the biggest animal lover I know, but still thinks PETA is stupid
5. He serves me ALL THE TIME
6. He vacuums without being asked
7. He is a better cook than I am
8. He is the easiest person to get a long with ever
9. He loves board games
10. He knows all the words to the "Newsies" sound track
11. He's not embarrassed to sing all the words to the "Newsies" sound track
12. He makes friends easily and is kind to everyone
13. He's good with cars and has fixed ours a lot
14. He is informed and knows a lot about history and politics
15. He is a safe driver...which helps him be a safe pilot...which helps me sleep at night
16. He is a righteous priesthood holder
17. When he leaves for work in the morning, he always pretends to close the door and plays peekaboo with Finn a few times...and he always gets a kick out of it
18. He works hard every day so that I can stay home with Finn
19. He knows all the words to "Gangsta's Paradise" and sings it at full volume with me in the car
20. He is always willing to help out a friend
21. He likes to read as much as I do
22. He watches movies I like, even though he knows I'm going to fall asleep
23. He has always treated my family like his own
24. He can be surprisingly crafty and makes me awesome cards
25. He is so thoughtful and is constantly showing me he loves me
26. He always puts the toilet seat down...and usually has to remind me to put the lid down too
27. He likes amusement parks as much as I do
28. He likes to 'talk' to Finn on the phone
29. He is a great penny whistle and trombone player!
Every year we are married I learn more things that I love about this guy. Happy Birthday Aaron!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
O Christmas Tree,O Christmas Tree,
Your boughs can teach a lesson
That constant faith and hope sublime
Lend strength and comfort through all time.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Sunday, November 30, 2008
The above shot was taken right before Finn slipped and hit his head on the stairs...giving him a nasty bruise to match the one he got on the other side of his head the day before. And that's when it was time to go.
I can't believe how fast he is growing up. It is so exciting to see him try new things!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Story #1: Finn's new Winter Gear!
We got a couple early Christmas presents from my sister-in-law...one being this sweet snow-suit! I think it makes Finn look like Randy from A Christmas Story. I am so excited to take him sledding!
Story #2: Pat Sajack's Number One Fan
For those of you who don't know, Finn LOVES Wheel of Fortune. It started because they clap so much and he had a lot of fun clapping along...but now he just loves to zone out with his milk cup and solve a few word puzzles. It comes on at 7pm here so lately we have gotten in the routine of letting him watch most of it before we put him to bed. He can seriously be in another room playing and as soon as he hears the sound of the wheel spinning he parks himself right in front of the TV and doesn't move...it's pretty funny. Here is a shot of him in the Wheel Zone.
Story #3: Singles Ward Here We Come!
Don't be confused, Aaron and I are happily married :). He just got called to the Bishopric of a BYU singles ward! We are actually really excited about it because we were feeling kind of old in our married student ward anyway and think that this will be a perfect transition for us. (Aaron will serve for one year and then we will start going to a family ward). The only bummer is that Finn just turned old enough to go to nursery...and now I have to take care of him by myself for the whole three hour block! Bummer. Luckily, there are about a hundred single girls who think that any baby is the most sensational thing on the planet, so I have lots of help...and a whole new babysitting directory! It's a little weird being referred to as Brother and Sister Parks, but we are really excited about this new opportunity and know that we will both grow spiritually from the experience. We have to speak in church this Sunday on 'preparing for marriage'...wish us luck!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Aaron, Finn, and a creepy statue
After a warm bath to wash off all the candy residue, Finn went to bed and Aaron and I played games with our neighbors and watched Disney's Ichabod Crane (my version of a scary Halloween movie :) ...what a great day!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
This is the closest thing we have to video of Finn walking on his own. He is using a toy that I borrowed from my neighbor which he LOVED. He walked up and down the sidewalk for the entire day. Okay, it was only about 30 minutes but since watching him push a walker was the only form of entertainment available, time sort of stood still.