Hooray for my first Mother's Day as a real-live mom! It was so fantastic. Here are all the wonderful parts of my Mother's Day celebration:
1. On Saturday, I went shopping with my sister and came home to a beautifully painted ceiling! We have needed to paint our ceiling for a long time so Aaron called Megan and told her to take me shopping so he could surprise me. He took care of Finn AND did a fabulous job of painting...what a guy!
2. While shopping, I bought my official mother's day gift, a fantastic navy blue mini-trench coat from Banana Republic. I have wanted a coat like that for so long and since it is almost summer, it was on clearance -- halleluja!
3. On Sunday, Aaron gave me some Ferrer Rocher chocolates (one of my absolute favs), a card from Aaron and a card from Finn (Aaron helped him scribble on it.) Then Aaron made me dinner -- carmelized pork tenderloin strips with sides of broccoli and a banana nut muffin -- YUMMY! He even did all the clean-up so I didn't have to lift a finger.
4. After dinner, we took a fabulous walk with Finn in his stroller. The weather was gorgeous yesterday and Finn loves to be outside so we had such a great time!
5. After Finn went to bed, we finished our day with a game of Battleship. I love to play any/all board games so this was a great way to end my wonderful day...even though Aaron beat me!
Being a mom is definitely challenging, but he's totally worth it:
I love being a mother so much. I am so grateful for my wonderful mother and everything she has done for me. I am so thankful for my beautiful baby boy and my amazing husband who made this day so special for me. Happy mother's day to all my fellow moms!