Friday, July 31, 2009

Mmmmm...Cookies


A few months ago, I re-discovered my favorite cookies. Aaron was flying a couple nights ago which means Finn and I are usually tired and bored from 6-8pm. So instead of watching TV, we whipped up these yummy treats! Seriously, they are so yummy. They are JUMBO (you drop them by 1/4 cup!) and they always turn out so chewy and delicious. Got the recipe from my sister Megan and now I am sharing it with you! Please make them...you won't regret it.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 C softened butter
1/2 C peanut butter
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
2 T corn syrup
2 T water
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 C chocolate chips

In a large bowl cream butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time. Add corn syrup, water and vanilla.
In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually stir flour mixture into sugar mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop by 1/4 C full of dough onto ungreased sheet and squish flat. (1/4 inch thick and round.) Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes until edges are golden. (Top does NOT look done but will set). Makes 18 cookies. By leaving the drop size so big, they are sure to be chewy!

7 comments:

The Parks Family said...

I was thinking "I love that picture of Finn" But then I watched the video...he is so cute asking for milk with his cookie dough! I still haven't made them, but I definitely need to!

Jess and Matt said...

YUM! We will have to try these!

Mama H said...

I love how Finn says "milk" and signs for it, AND then says "OK" when you ask him if he wants some milk. So Cute, and I wish I had one of those cookies right now!

ec said...

i love that video ... he is so dang cute. i'm loving the milk sign and the "OK" too.

seriously ash, finn and halle. someday...

Micah and Marilee Woolstenhulme said...

That should be a got milk commercial! Let us know when you guys will be up to visitors again!

Nichole said...

Oh noooo... I may have a project for tomorrow.

Parks' Place said...

You have my stomach churning for a bite of those cookies (I should have looked at your blog after my fast was over!)