Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Gooooooo Cougars!

BYU Player Dennis Pitta...pretty sure Aaron made him feel like a rock star by cheering and taking this picture.

Aaron is not really a "sports fan" per se, but he is a pretty hard core fan of BYU football. How hard core you ask? Hard core enough to go to an impromptu pep rally at Provo airport at 2 AM to welcome the team home after their amazing win against Oklahoma. The game was pretty intense, and after we won all of Provo celebrated for a good two hours. People were honking, lighting off fireworks (ok, maybe that was just Aaron) and cheering. About 1000 fans ended up at the airport (for the first time ever apparently) and Aaron was so excited to be a part of it all. And I was excited that he fed Kate before he left so I could sleep. Here is a video he took of Bronco talking to the crowd:

Here's hoping the Cougs keep up the good work...I'd really like my husband's mood to be this good for the rest of the season!

5 comments:

Rob and Marseille said...

how did you find out about that??? we live soo close to the airport, we would have loved to go!!

JoSue said...

What a crack-up!! I have a feeling Clark would've dragged me to that. Luckily you had a good excuse not to stay up that late. That's awesome though. Aaron's got dedication, that's all I'm saying. We were at the game and the excitement afterwards was only for a 1/2 hour or so.....We need more cougar fans out here!

Mama H said...

Go Cougars! Did Aaron wear his BYU Football shirt???

Jobi Niu said...

How tight is Dennis Pitta?? AWESOME! GOOOO COUGS! I'm lovin it.

Jess and Matt said...

That's awesome! Good old Aaron, still pulling all-nighters!! And so nice that he feeds Kate in the night while you get to sleep! That's got to be the best! Let's all watch the game together next weekend, followed by our dominating game of Rook! We can't wait to get up there! I don't remember if I told you already, but I have some baby girl clothes that were Brooklyn's that I will bring up for Kate. See you in a week!