Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Beds are sooo overrated

Lately Finn has started to take longer to fall asleep. Sometimes nap time is just "quiet time" and he plays in his room for an hour and a half. Do I mind? Nope! As long as he is in his room and not in my hair, he can stay awake as long as he wants!

One such nap time, Aaron went in to check on him and found this:

He is laying in Kate's infant tub! (She is too big for it, so it is now stored in his room.) We thought it was so cute that he got it out, put his pillow in, brought his stuffed animal and covered himself with the blanket.
Since that nap time, he has actually done this technique 4 or 5 more times. I should probably put the tub away somewhere else, but I don't want to. Every time I open the door and find him in it, a smile crosses my face and I am reminded of what a creative little boy he is.

Creativity aside, sometimes he just does whatever he can to stay awake. We usually let him look at books at bedtime and he "reads" the stories and sings songs to himself until he falls asleep. Here's how Aaron found him a few nights ago:
This angle lets you see how skiwampus (sp?!) he really was:
I like thinking of him before he drifted off, SO tired but not wanting to "give in" and lay down. I love to pick up his little body and cuddle him as I lay him down, watch him roll over, snuggle his teddy and close his eyes...because I know this stage won't last forever, and soon I'll be wishing I could tuck him back into bed like I used to.

11 comments:

tara said...

so true! you have to love each precious minute. he's so cute. i love the makeshift bed in the tub. luke usually ends up right by the door so when i open it, i hit him in the bum. good times

Courtney said...

that is so adorable. i can't believe he could fall asleep like that! so cute.

The Parks Family said...

LOVE these pics, sometimes my favorite moments are those random moments when they are doing something silly like that and you can actually catch it on camera! Also, love that he's snuggling Jaxson's giraffe but it makes me feel bad you guys brought it back!

The Parks Family said...

PS I just noticed that he has "Where the Sidewalk Ends" in his hand...that kids going to be a genius!

ec said...

so funny! i love the bathtub pics...he looks so cozy.

L.A. Harker said...

Holy Cow! I could not stop cracking up the whole time I read this!

maryirene said...

i just can't get over how adorable he is. he is so creative!! the tub/bed makes me laugh. what a silly.

Marce said...

These pictures kill me! such a little innovative dude. i have to admit though, the out-of-the-crib stage sorta freaks me out right now. like, i don't know if i'll be able to handle it. yikes. miss you girl!

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

That is the sweetest post! Way to drink in the good stuff! (and by that, I mean creatine.)

not really. i meant the good mommy stuff. :)

Mama H said...

ooo I just want to snuggle that little boy! I remember loving to pretend to make my own beds in boxes and falling asleep. Great blogging - makes me feel like I am there with you!

Jobi Niu said...

ha ha ha lol! How funny are those pictures?? He is so dang handsome, ya just wanna cuddle with him in those jammies. Where did you get that rug? My boys would LOVE it..